It’s the first Wednesday of the Year!!
When I started to write this months IWSG blog post, I figured it made sense to talk about my writing resolutions for the new year.
I got as far as my first resolution ‘Don’t give up’ and found I’d written an essay on how sometimes it feels it would be so much simpler to just give up on something that matters rather than facing the pain of putting yourself out there.
See, there I go again.
You don’t want to hear about that and I don’t want to bang on about it.
So I decided instead to take a retrospective look at my achievements from last year.
Here they are;
• Completed Holly Lisle’s ‘How To Think Sideways’ writers career survival course (there’s a lot of awesomely useful stuff in there)
• Started this blog (which was terrifying)
• Joined IWSG (which has been humongously useful in both blogging and talking to other writers)
• Joined a local writers group (actually meeting and talking to other writers in the flesh! I have finally stopped expecting someone to tap me on the shoulder and tell me they meant the other Angela)
• Had a piece of flash fiction published (woo hoo!)
• Completed the first draft of a novel. (Ditto)
Then I listed my resolutions for this year;
• Don’t give up
• Stick to the plan.
I can do that…