I was determined to be a bit more timely with my blog posts this month.
Yeah, we all know how that sort of thing works out, right?
So, this morning I sat down (with determination!) and thought about what I’d planned to write and realised, Oh god, that’ll take ages!
Then, while I was
procrastinating trying to find my notes, I came across this;
10 reasons you shouldn’t employ a writer;
- They will be drawing up plot points or character studies when they should be working.
- They will be assessing colleagues for potential quirks, habits or mannerisms they can use later on.
- They spend a lot of time trying to figure out how they can leave work and write full time.
- They spend a lot of time dreaming.
- They are inventive. Just how truthful was that CV?
- They might actually manipulate situations for research purposes, to see how they turn out.
- They might base a character on you.
- They might not base a character on you!
- They must be pretty warped individuals to come up with some of those ideas, right?
- You’ll never be able to read a sex scene in the same way ever again. 😉
(Next week, just to be fair – and to allay the paranoia – I’ll talk about the reasons why you should employ a writer). Meanwhile, anyone got any more to add to the list?