Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yada, yada, yada. I know, these are sort of the blog equivalent of chain letters and I don’t like the pass-it-on aspects, but I also can’t resist the opportunity to witter on about myself either.
So, I have nominated a few people. Feel free to ignore, join in, answer here or whatever. Peace and love guys 😉
So, the award is the Mystery Blogger Award. If you want to know why, then I suggest you check out the creator, okoto enigma’s site. It’s all about spreading the luurve.
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. (Above)
Rule 2: List the rules. (You’re Reading Them)
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (That’s Juneta Key at Writer’s Gambit – thanks Juneta!)
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Just above the logo)
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
Three Things About Me:
- I recently took on 2 tortoises for a friend who is going travelling for a couple of years. They’re quite soothing creatures to have around, and because of what they can and can’t eat it has both increased my knowledge of the plants in my garden and highlighted how much I don’t know.
- I have a nasty feeling I may be a bit of a hypochondriac, but I try not to let on. I had a piece of thorn stuck in my finger the other day and because it got red and irritable (my finger), I started to worry it would get infected and need amputating. Or maybe that’s a side effect of being a writer and having too much imagination.
- Apparently I’m very good at giving directions to loos. I discovered this talent on a recent girls weekend and put it down to my background as a programmer – if you don’t give the right instructions, things can go horribly wrong!
Rule 6: You have to nominate a bunch of people (some say 5 others say 20).
(Hey, I always look at rules as more like guidelines. Nobody is under any obligation to continue the award thread, but these are all sites worth having a look at regardless).
Rule 7: Notify your nominees. (Yeah, I still need to get to that…)
Rule 8: Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, one weird or funny question.
- What’s your favourite smell?
- If you could choose to keep one memory, what would it be?
- If you were put in charge of meet & greet for our first alien visitors, what would your advice be for them?
- If you had to be a tree, which one would you be?
- What was your favourite story book as a child?
Rule 9: Share a link to your best post.
I’ve chosen my first post, it may not be my best but it reminds me of how far I’ve come and reinforces that you just need to take the leap sometimes.
And finally, the moment you’ve all been waiting for (Hey you! No, not you – him, the guy who’s dribbling on his neighbour’s shoulder. Yes – you! Wake up!) Right, everyone paying attention? Then here are my answers to Juneta’s questions:
- If you could get a redo on ONE thing in your life without impunity, what would it be?
Not to have said THAT THING about THAT PERSON just to look cool 😦
- If you had three wishes, what would your THIRD wish be?
That I could talk ‘tree’.
- Describe your “true self” in three words.
Shy, inappropriate, optimist.
- If you were a Star Wars character, who would you be?
Chewie – he’s cool, he never has to worry about shaving his legs and he always wins his arguments.
- If you had the opportunity to know your future, would you? Why or why not? Yes. Because I’m not great with surprises and I work better when I know what to expect. (Obviously there are downsides to this, but at least I’d know what parameters I’d be working with).
Thank you for sticking around. Don’t feel upset if I didn’t nominate you – just add your answers here! 😉
I love #2. I can definitely relate 🙂 Like the idea that maybe it’s due to being too imaginative. Makes me feel a bit better about my hypochondriac tendencies.
Thanks for the nomination. I’ll work on doing this once we’re back in the States and have better internet connection. Probably at the end of June, if that’s okay.
Yay, look forward to it 🙂